MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship - Phillip Island
Pillion Ride Competition
We’re giving one lucky winner the chance to experience the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit at 250kmph with a pillion ride during the 2020 MOTUL FIM Superbike Championship, Yamaha Finance round!
Simply share a photo of your best superbike pose in the comments below, and the photo with the most likes will win the pillion ride, plus a 3-Day General Admission ticket to the event.
See competition post here
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition closes at 11.59pm AEDT Tuesday 25th February 2020
- Competition not open to NSW residents. Should they do so, their entry will not be valid. Competition winner will need to prove their State of residence to claim the prize.
- Entries are only valid if the photo is commented in the original competition post.
- The winner will be determined by the number of likes on their photo. Should 2 or more photos receive the same number of likes, the winner will be the first photo posted.
- You can enter as many times as you like.
- There will be one (1) winner, and they will be contacted via comment on the original competition post with further instructions.
- Pillion ride will take place on Saturday 29th February 2020
- Winner must make their own transport and/or accommodation arrangements
- Pillion ride is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable.
- Winner must comply with safety and medial requirements (detailed below).
The Australian Superbike Pillion Ride program provides a unique experience that will offer an insight into the world of motorcycle racing and provide a memory that will last forever.
The following criteria are based on the suitability for pillion passengers participating in the ASBK Pillion Ride Program. These items are to ensure the safety of rider, passenger and equipment.
- Max Height: 180cm – 183cm (5’ 9” to 6’)
- Max Weight: 95kg – 100k
- Minimum age 16 years and above
- Any Current Medication that may cause drowsiness
- Any Medical Conditions affecting balance, (Vestibulitis)
- No Extreme high blood pressure, (Uncontrolled hypertension)
- No Epileptic Seizures
- No Blood Thinning Medication or Antiplatelets (Warfain, Clopidogrel). Aspirin is OK
- No Musculoskeletal Conditions affecting strength in limbs and torso
- No Fractures
- Must have reasonable level of exercise tolerance (General Health Fitness)
- No Invasive Spinal Surgery (including fusions, stabilizations & metalwork implanted in spine)
- No Concussion within the last 30 days
- No Serious Head Injury Symptom
- Report to the Race Sectary Office at the allocated time and ask for Denise Stronach.
- Undertake a medical examination by ASBK’s medical provider RACESAFE who will check your medical history and blood pressure.
- Once cleared by RACESAFE head back to the Race Secretary’s office to sign-on, complete a recreational one day licence application form and receive a wrist band.
- Get dress in the required safety equipment (i.e. leathers, boots, gloves, helmet etc).
- Once it’s time for your ride you will be escorted to pit lane to meet your rider.
- The rider and an official will brief you prior to mounting the motorcycle.
- It is important to follow all directions given to you by officials in pit lane.
There will be a maximum of four bikes on the track at any one time and the track officials will ensure that the bikes are well spaced. The riders are highly experienced in both racing and taking pillions.
Pillion rides will be two laps – a warm-up lap and a fast lap. Prior to the on track experience, all pillions will be briefed.
The key points are:
- Hold on as instructed
- Place feet firmly on the foot pegs
- Lean with the rider around turns
BRING WITH YOU
- Motorcycling Australia Licence (if you have one)
- Pants, socks, long sleeved top
- Leathers, gloves, helmet, boots (if you have them)
Competition photo credit of Russell Colvin
Stay up to date
with WorldSBK - Phillip Island