MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship - Phillip Island
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives or from emails or other correspondence; or
- when you complete an application, entry form, indemnity, booking form or purchase order.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;•email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- nationality;•name and phone number of your next of kin and their relationship to you;
- credit card details other than those made through our website secure gateway;•driver’s licence number;
- details of physical characteristics (if you are involved in an incident on the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit which requires investigation for the purposes of laws in relation to workplace health and safety or other laws and those physical characteristics are relevant to the investigation);
- https://www.worldsbk.com.au/images in CCTV or other film footage and photographs (if you are participating in or a spectator or official at an event or other activity at the Phillip Island Circuit);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre hotline, customer surveys or calls by our representatives from time to time.
In relation to website collection, we collect personal information from our web site (www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au) through subscription. We also use third parties to analyse traffic at that web site, which may involve the use of “cookies”. This process allows our web server to better serve files to you by tailoring information. The cookie is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies must be enabled for you to make purchases through our web site.
We may also collect personal information from:
- CCTV footage and still photography of events and activities at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit;
- publicly available sources of information; and
- third parties including law enforcement agencies, motorsport administrators,event promotion consultants and service providers who manage the services we provide to you (for example, ticketing agencies).
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful; or
- we may not be able to permit you to participate or be otherwise be involved in events or other activities in which you wish to participate or to be involved as a competitor, an official, an accredited media representative, a spectator or in another capacity.
For what purposes do we collect, hold,use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can:
- perform our business activities and functions;
- seek to ensure that events and activities at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit are conducted to appropriate safety and other standards;and
- provide best possible quality of customer service
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate and manage events and other activities at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit;
- to verify your identity or that you hold appropriate qualifications to participate in an event or other activity;
- to conduct credit checks;
- to provide products and services to you, to charge and bill you for them and to collect amounts which you may owe us;
- to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to provide information to other motorsport administrators to assist them with the operation and management of motorsport activities which they administer;
- for ouradministrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes and those of ourrelated bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;•to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- in connection with the investigation of incidents occurring on the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, or regulatory or legal proceedings connected to those incidents;and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination,decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Direct marketing materials
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses,couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants,solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- other motorsport administrators (for example,Motorcycling Australia and the Australian Grand Prix Corporation) to assist them with the operation and management of motorsport activities which they administer;
- employees, related bodies corporate, insurers, solicitors and other advisors in connection with legal or other claims arising out of events on the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom wehave commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- relevant authorities where there are grounds to believe the disclosure is required in order to prevent a threat to life or health or to investigate unlawful activity or the disclosure is otherwise authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law;and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition,at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you.We will advise you of the likely fee in advance. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or ifit would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached or you have another privacy complaint, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We will treat your complaint confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is investigated and resolved in timely and appropriate manner. We will inform you of the outcome following completion of the investigation of the complaint.
While we hope we will be able to resolve any complaint in a manner which is satisfactory to you, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Privacy Officer(Christine Owen or Simone Dickie)
PI Operations Pty Ltd
Post: RMB 500GP, Cowes, Victoria 3922
Tel: +61 3 5952 2710
Stay up to date
with WorldSBK - Phillip Island